AFHL Tryout Procedures
AAA Recruitment Areas
There are no established Draw Zones or Recruitment Areas for teams categorized as U18 AAA. All players are eligible to try out for any of the teams within this category.
AAA Tryout Procedure
A player wishing to play Female AAA hockey with the Alberta Female Hockey League (AFHL) may choose a maximum of two (2) U18 AAA teams to try out for. To access a U18 AAA training and/or tryout camps outside of your regional, players must submit a Letter of Permission Form. If a player does not make the first team they are trying out for, they have the following options:
- If a player is released from the Calgary Fire AAA tryouts and they have requested a second AAA tryout, they must submit a Female Elite Waiver Form and may move on to their second AAA tryout.
- If a player is released from their first AAA tryout and have requested their second AAA tryout with the Calgary Fire, they must submit a Female Elite Waiver Form and may move on to Calgary Fire AAA tryouts.
- If a player has not requested a second AAA tryout, they may move on to their region's AA tryouts and/or access other minor hockey programs in their region.
- If a player is released from two (2) AAA tryouts, they may move on to their region's AA tryouts and/or access other minor hockey programs in their region.
AA Recruitment Areas
In order to make it fair and equitable for all AA U18 and U15 Teams, Recruitment Areas have been established. These Recruitment Areas ensure there is an opportunity for all players that want to, and have the skill to, play within the AA category the ability to do so. The Recruitment Areas establish a consistent development system for players of all levels throughout the Province.
AA Tryout Procedure
A player wishing to play Female AA hockey with the Alberta Female Hockey League (AFHL) must try out for the team in the Recruitment Area where the player resides. The Resident Recruitment Area franchise for players in the Calgary region is the Calgary Fire. If a player does not make the Calgary Fire AA, they have the following options:
- They will move on to the Girls Hockey Calgary Community Evaluations or Community Evaluations process for their designated Community Association.
To tryout for our Calgary Fire AAA/AA Program, please select the prep and try-out camp packages at the time of registration. More information can be found on GHC's Registration page.